Picpoul is an ancient white-wine grape variety, grown in the southern Languedoc-Roussillion region of France.
its name is derived from the verb PICQUER – to sting, describing its zingy flavours and high acidity.
Don’t worry though, its only a gentle “sting” and makes for very easy drinking!
Picpoul has grown in popularity in recent years and can be found in most UK supermarkets.
I have also found some pubs which serve it locally to me, although many restaurants only serve it by the bottle.
LOCAL INFO: The Woodmancote Pub serves Picpoul by the glass!
Picpoul de Pinet goes really well with everything in my opinion, especially cheese!
However the official Picpoul de Pinet gurus suggest pairing it with seafood and shellfish dishes such as salmon, swordfish, scallops in rich buttery sauces and Mediterranean dishes.
1) C’est une expérience éducative.
2) C’est possible de goûter le vin.
3) La balade dure une heure.
4) Le guide est un homme.
5) Après la balade, on peut acheter du vin.
1) What will you learn about during the vineyard tour?
2) Which parts of the vineyard will you get to explore?
3) After the tour, what happens?
4) Who provides this?
5) What can you buy?
If you don’t already have an account click the button below to create your account.Create New Account